Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dancing is Enhancing

Dancing is no way and will never be put in the line of old school practices. Ever since ages and olden times, it totally played part in the entertainment living and up until now it is being acted upon. 

When the grooving music automatically plays, may it be in formal social gatherings or just plainly casual occasions, expect the floors will always be yours. The ambiance of the event full of fun-loving people just feels like no one is being left down behind the corner, and that it naturally makes you go with the flow no matter what. Let alone your nagging boss and complaining client be forgotten under your desk in this hour of enjoyment. (Kidding!) *Winks* ;) Or unless, you are a serial-joy-killer who prefers missing the fun. That would surely mark the beginning of the CD player and stereo clashing! I hope not! Haha. :-O

Just for now, the spotlight on me. :))

Dancing had also been my passion ever since. The fondness to this great interest never failed to surprise me. I could describe it as an extraordinary obsession that didn't pass out the top ten list. 

When I was in my elementary days, I remember I joined a lot of dancing competitions. On school stage I was fortunate enough to perform the folk dances Carinosa and Pandanggo sa Ilaw, really thankful that I was given the chance to experience leading the foundation day dance number, and was granted the opportunity to tune in with so many church presentations like to participate in the Masskara, Mantones de Seda and for the second time around, Carinosa during our Jubilee Celebration. 

My purpose here is not to actually boast or whatever you may call that, in fact I am no longer able to do some dancing these days except only when needed. Really. Dunno what happened haha. Still I just wanna let everyone to know how doing this can really boost one's self-esteem and appreciate the art of cultivating and developing God-given talents. That this may also profit you and the others as you share to them your ability. (I beg for an excuse, I think my body is now in the process of retiring joint movements. Happens when you're getting old. Buwahaha!)

Because dancing is enhancing, here are my top three chosen types of dances that I wish I could really learn and do for the rest of my life:

Ballroom never stops to impress me! Love how the body moves gracefully and sway to the rhythm of the music . Very classy and elegant.

Who says being a girl is an excuse to do the extreme tumbling and fast-paced steps? Get in the world of Hip hop dancers! Watch me out! LOL
And to top the list, the ever-adored Ballet Dancing!  Maybe this is the perfect one for me for  I  have a superb amazement in the way how movements are executed in a gracious manner. Refined and sophisticated!

What a wonderful thing to dream of! Dancing also has the ability to express words through a variety of commotion. The body gestures portray as means of communication when words left unspoken. Likewise, a very good exercise regimen for everybody and could be a fat-losing procedure for those who wanna get slimmer.

Though only it is a "had been" thing for me now because as time flies by, my strong enthusiasm to pursue again is suddenly dropping off the line. Maybe it's due to the lack of consistency or hobbies redirected, probably. Yet looks like I badly want to relive dancing life again! Poor little girl, doesn't know how to do that well anymore. Eeeeeeeeeee. But if I would be given more chances, I still want to make it up once more.

So I may not be pushing my luck to hit on the dance floors in the present, yet I say why don't you give it try? Who knows maybe it's about time for you to show off behind the curtains and step on the spotlight circle where more confidence points await you. :)

P.S. I was inspired to write about this since we will be performing some ethnic dances again in a cultural show on the 25th of May. This will be a presentation for Elder Russell M. Nelson, an LDS apostle came from the US to visit the Philippines. And yeah, it's gonna be another epic moment for the youth of the church again! (Plus a Single Adult, present!) :D