Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October's Special Part I

Dear October,

It has been like.. I am feeling you this way.

There is nothing much I could barely feel in this month that would bring out spice and a true incomparable moment, except from me clinging to the fact that my birthday is undeniably fast coming, which I tell with all honesty I would rather reset if would have been possible, or make a jump out of the date because I believe I am not yet ready to face the next ginormous sojourn of this existence. While I am not wholly ditching off the run the mere idea of espousing legality-- and as a matter of fact, I look upon my 18th as a time when I will be more accountable of my everyday decisions whether good or bad; a time when I am about to take responsibility of my every action more certain than with what I had only done during the years that passed; with my Heavenly Father's help, to envision and do for real the sowing and reaping of the greatest opportunities that would shape up my future; and most importantly, to stick to the goal of accomplishing the precious treasures I should deal with in this probationary state: To prepare for a temple marriage and motherly role. To go on a mission, even so.

But do you know what makes everything even more exciting? The story goes like this.

The long wait is over. Remember the 5th of September, in the year 2010? We(Shain and Shie) decided to go to the Patriarch to ask for a blessing. Last Sunday(October 2), we were so blessed to have the printed paper then. From that exceptional day, the feeling was fervent. I almost burst  into tears realizing that after a year and a month it was finally handed over to us. That day I would never forget.

Before anything else to come up with, we were eager to open our envelopes and read it afterwards. And as we were about to leave, a brother perhaps 20's of age came along our way. He was smiling at us, and he seemed to know what was the reason of our visit. It wasn't until when he told us something, that made the day's excitement to fade away. Whatever the feeling was, to wait just for at least less than two weeks until we finally get to that only place where it is best, I know will be something very special and of extraordinary spiritual experience. Definitely will be the highlight of the year. So I really thank that brother's sudden presence on our way. I am looking forward on that day, when things are going to change for the better.

So the story goes like this-- On the 12th comes into a two-part event. A birthday celebration and my patriarchal blessing reading at the temple. The latter is what will make the day more special, I guess.


Since soon enough I will be leaving Young Womanhood, here is a message video I pondered upon from Sister Elaine S. Dalton, The Young Women General President. I want to share this because it gives a lot of encouragement and motivation that will help me as I go through thick and thin in years to come. It also reminds me that I am a beloved daughter of God, a woman of great worth sent here on earth for a divine purpose and mission. So blessed to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!


And by the way, Happy Birthday to all October Celebrants out there! :D
                                                                                   
Sincerely Yours,
Jona(Who promises to always stay young at heart)