Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey Halloween, I Have Something to Tell About You!

I plead in cry tonight.. that the spirits I know who are just around me and wandering everywhere, wouldn't bother to waste even a short second of their time getting fond of me in this hour of reflection. XD

Dear invisible-but-sometimes-visible-dead-people,

I am with all my sincerest sympathy aware that times like these, your noticeable presence is seemingly acceptable to the living and the goosebumps and spine-tingling motions to hit us anytime are all part of your spooky occasion. But again, I plead in cry tonight, may you doze off in your graves just for the meantime or if you don't want to, you might as well merry go round maybe with the one beside me and never ever come back for me again lol. May you rest in peace at this very moment so it would be possible for me to actually write a blog, hehe.

Looohuhahooove,
Jona-the-not-so-ghosts-fan

Life is full charm, and just like as it is, life is also full of creepy creatures. If you would realize, I wouldn't be considering this topic as a beauty I appreciate in this world because honestly, I don't really appreciate ghosts and horrors. Sure as the earth revolves around the sun, they give me evil bats in the stomach. But since the All Soul's Day is coming and also to give way to the commemoration of our loved ones death, I would just willingly let myself to give it a whirl this time. Haha?

The world is being hampered with beliefs and initial perception of mainly ghosts and other scary stuff when November 1st is soon to undertake people's lives. Gruesome TV shows, movies and such true-to-life stories become the center point of the talking and divulging of everyone regarding the 'Halloween Season' as what we commonly know. Nations' traditions give rise to some practices like doing the 'trick or treat' fun and going to the cemetery. Some even throw fancy costume parties, ghost hunting and candle lighting. We all have different customs and doings that show how we give importance to the remembering of those souls who had just passed away.

During the month, we visit our Great Grandfathers and Grandmothers at the cemetery usually not during the peak hours when the place is as almost crowded and the population is visibly thick. We come there as a family and we bring flowers and candles as what every family does. Sometimes when the mood strikes, we do ghost hunting hoping that we would see or feel the you-know-what-I-mean thing. But do you know how predictable everything as usually it is? We always scream together even before we will start the seeking that ends up everyone got scared and wanting to stop whatever is going on(if there is), so our pursue would be discontinued and we will start laughing again. Funny it is when we gain courage to tell horror stories based on each other's experiences and at the end, everybody will run to the nearest adult with the little children almost crying while the older ones are tolerating the terror. I admit I am one of those, oftentimes. Oh sorry dearest ones, I won't ever do that again. I love you! :) While there are hair-raising and chilling cracks, the entire occasion also serves as a time to bond and mingle with each other, a moment of joy and keeping in touch when the world seems to clasp in the horrible side of it.

So what about you? :)


We may not enjoy the present days they are not together with us, we may not even see and hear or talk to them physically in this life and dispensation, but there is one thing we are all sure of-- and that is the promise of our Heavenly Father that we will see each other again when the time comes, together forever as a family. :)