Monday, October 17, 2011

Part II (It was a birthday blast)

I got the privilege. More opportunities are way to come. There are still coming couple of years, and I should be ready. I know this is just the start, yet the exciting part. 

My 18th was the most different and unique of all the previous birthdays I ever had. The whole event wasn't like the typical one that is usually celebrated with invited relatives and friends but rather a simple day out in the temple and a plain celebration with my family, by choice. Everything went good and amazing. I simply couldn't ask for more than the blessings of good health, family ties and spiritual learning I have gained throughout the years. Those fairly ones I consider the greatest presents I've received, for they can be treasured in this time and beyond.

October 12th, 2011. 6 AM.

The day that we were looking forward to had come. I woke up in the midst of a beautiful sunrise and on the dot settled all the needed stuff for the day. That was also our final examination week. Badly, I wasn't able to take the exam in our major subject because.. aha! Let's say, the melodramatic term just entered the scene. And because I knew I would not be capable of holding the time pressure, it resulted to a good definition. Lol. But thank goodness the morning wasn't totally ruined in a perfect mishap, I was able to take the minors. Sooner, Shiela and I will be meeting at twelve noon.

While waiting for Shie to come, I was standing at the corner way of the mall entrance when I saw some street children lying on the pavement, which took me to apprehend looking at them that I was really blessed with the enough supplies and necessities provided daily. That I shouldn't anymore complain with anything else seeing the less-fortunate people in all those years sleeping on the cold floor, when I have a home to rest at the end of the day. And to what really tugged my heart was the fact that I was so blessed to be part of a bonded family, whom I can throughout count on when they, have nothing to call upon. Everything I saw, showed me how hard some circumstances could be in the perspective of some people from different walks of life. Again, it made me realize to always be grateful and contented for what I have.

Shiela finally arrived and to my surprise, she gave me a gift-- a delicacy from Red Ribbon and a cute little vial glued with the word "DOC" on the front label, joined with a rolled brown paper inside. Aww. :")

Traveled by bus. Traffic. Chitchat. Walked and ran. Dusty. Eyes on the clock. Chitchat..

At not exactly 4 PM we arrived at the temple safely. We first went to the PBO and bought some items. Shain was there too, waiting for us. She was with her older sister, baby niece and brother-in-law. We talked for about half an hour before we proceeded.

The white patriarchal blessing envelope was the main purpose of our trip. I read mine while sitting on a bench. Oh how life-changing it could be! The Lord really loves me, I really know. The day was so fulfilling and memorable. We went back home.
Ask me and I will tell you what best friends are for. :)
Back home, there it was my family waiting who later on sang me a happy birthday song. Here's what the cake looked like:
Happy Birthday!
Oh-huh to alleviate the tiredness brought by a real productive day, I brushed my teeth and washed my face then went upstairs after blowing the candles. I didn't mean to but I was just supposed to take a nap for a little while that led to a sounding sleep until the next morning! When I woke up, that was when I realized what happened. Maybe my Mama didn't mind to wake me up for she knew I was already tired that time. And yeah, there's one thing more I could have been eating a lot that night if it wasn't all because of my fault. I regret. :)