Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Nocturnal

Whenever I hit the pillows at night it has become a mind ritual for me to go over millions of thoughts stuck in my head. Keeping me wide awake. Probably the reason why I sleep late, and get pimples.

As much as I want to forgive myself for being an overthinker because being such has a disadvantage too, maybe, I want to simplify. Overthinking is creativity they say. Hmm. However, it makes you overanalyze and overcomplicate things as well. Isn’t?

Lately I’ve been bothered by the quality of my daily prayers. Are they meaningful enough? 

As I scrolled the pages up and down I read an article in lds.org yesterday that states how God answers prayers or how to know if a prayer is answerable. Evaluating mine petitions led me to analyzing and wanting to improve my way of giving gratitude and asking help from Heavenly Father.

There was also a quote I read in Instagram from Elder Robert D. Hales that says, “Too often we pray to have patience, but we want it right now.” Could it be that the reason some of our prayers remain unanswered is because we immediately want the result based on our own time frame and not with the Lord?

Mind blown.

It’s ordinary to hear pleadings of what you want to happen straightway. Too often we pray for things out of our personal comfort, hoping to avoid the pain of having to undergo trials where real growth takes place. Then when we fail to receive the answers we want in the way we expect them to be given, we become impatient and disappointed. The natural man.

These past few days I am striving to change the way I utter my prayers. Instead of constantly asking God the things I want right off, which I know He sure does want to grant me but in His own due time, I pray I keep patiently waiting. 

Good night.