Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello 2018!

I miss blogging.

Looking back from the posts I wrote in 2014 I didn’t realize it’s been four years already. This year is a brand new year. Forget and leave behind the things that should remain in the past but learn from them and welcome sunshine!

Last year was a bucket full of raindrops and rainbows to me. Just lately I’ve been into a rollercoaster ride series of events. Lived in a city I’ve ever dreamed of gaining independence from because seriously I’ve always wanted to foster a life away from my parents’ cane. So I did. It was a decision I made out of being curious and motivated to try living again outside the bounds of my family’s vicinity, since I’ve been used to doing it for 18 months on my mission. They supported me anyway with the condition I was aware taking the whole responsibility for myself — being independent, I know.

Only I had to live with my cousin, Kuya Glovel.

Yet it was a blessing in so many ways I had him with me while I stayed in Cebu. He was the driver, the protector and the errand man whenever I needed to buy something at the store. Most of the time Kuya Glovel was my adviser. I’m years younger than him and he is the eldest cousin in the family which means giving me the advantage though. I had to admit I felt a little bit annoyed sometimes because he was way too slow when getting ready going to church on Sundays haha... But overall I guarantee he has always been a really good guy and single (like me). ;)

For almost seven months of journey I had the chance to fulfill some of my dreams like being a temple ordinance worker. Given the privilege of writing for the church publication even in a short period of time, I was able to enjoy the calling. With dedicatory pledge as part of my medical profession I joined the ZEDRU rescue team. Service became the key core of my intention.

Right there on my voyage of seeking to follow Heavenly Father’s plan I met a priesthood holder of potential qualities. It doesn’t always happen that I go on frequent dates but it was a good experience to be learned from. We are both doing things on separate occasions now and life goes on whatever happens.

People come across your path for a reason. Friends and best people I got acquainted to. Learning from their daily struggles and knowing the courage they put up to survive helped me recognize the blessings laid in front of me, taught me to be more humble.

Everything was an open book of worthwhile memories. Let go and forgive. Embrace hope and never forget to be patient working on yourself as well, because at the end of the day it’s still you who decides for an even brighter future to hold. It’s you who is the author of your own happily ever after.

Hello 2018! ❤️